Sunday, March 19, 2006

Goodbye Uncle Roland

Life is short.
When I woke up this morning I was really sad to find out that an uncle of mine passed away in his sleep. My sister SMS-ed me to inform me of the sad news. It did freak me out a little bit when I spoke to my mum earlier that he didn't even get the chance to see his children grow up. She also said that according to the post mortem, his lungs were filled with water and but he was healthy and had no known disease. He passed away at a very young age.
At least he didn't suffer she said.He probably didn't even know that he was going to die.
My mum said he looked so peaceful, just as if he was sleeping.
He is my mother's 1st cousin.His mother and my grandmother were sisters.
In fact the day before (yesterday) was the full moom date of his second child. According to my sister,my uncle sempat lagi wake up in the middle of the night to make a bottle of milk for his two year old child.The best part is he actually took a whole month leave to be with his wife during her confinement.
I remember him as being one of the nice uncles-who would stop in the middle of the road to greet and hug you no matter what and would always be happy to see you. My mum was very upset when I asked her about it and also mentioned that there were a lot of his students, friends and all of our relatives at his house in the morning. Every one cried, everyone was sad.
I am still upset and shocked.
May He Rest In Peace
Roland Edward Pudin
Had a wife and two children
Age 36

6 Comments:

Blogger Fridaycat said...

My condolences, Lynn. *hug*

3/20/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

*hug* Thanks Mel.

3/20/2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

condolence to u & ur family Lynn. My dad ada p sana semalam. dia bilang banyak org main judi esp. katam-katam.

3/21/2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

thanks os, thats what my mum said. banyak urang...

3/21/2006 6:27 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

I'm sorry. My condolences to you and the family.

3/23/2006 4:51 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Thank You Tim..He was a great guy to be around...

3/24/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics