Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Athens Part II

Hi...Yay I can post pictures again! After what it felt like ten years, I finally managed to update my blog with some illustrations...
This is the view of the Temple of the Olympian Zeus from the Acropolis...It looks stunning doesn't it...it took me and my colleague 30 mins to get up the Acroplis from the main entrance. Then I had my 'Old-Lady-moment'..where I felt so unfit especially when there were old people walking faster than us without breaking a sweat...
As you can see from the picture, there were so many people visiting the shrines. The stair cases up there were magestic - made of marbles and if you just sit down to take a break (like I had to) you could feel the gentle breeze and the marbles cool your butt off as you have the most spectacular view of Athens. It was soooo beautiful - words can't describe the feeling.
When you do go to Athens (and you will- Dreams can come true)
Please let me know and I will tell you the best things to do and where to eat.

At the tip of the mountain where the grand Acropolis stands, is a gigantic flag of Greece. I think thats where I took the picture of the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Hmm up there it was so windy I was so afraid I would be blown off...I had more pictures but because I didn't have enough space in my memory stick I had to delete them. The next time I will take more pictures okie.

The next time I am going to to Athens I am definitly going to one of the islands. According to some of my friends they are so beautiful. Everybody else went to the Islands because they had already visited the Acropolis. Oh if you're wondering what the spidy-cow picture here is all about, well, it was hanging from a building next to the hotel that I was in..I'm not sure what building it was because all the signs were in Greek! Yep everything was in Greek, the road signs, the food packaging, the menu's. Everything!

Oh and the next time that you go there, the only thing you will be familiar with is a very unpopular Starbucks because the Greek believe in their own food which I think is really impressive. Their version of McDonald's is Goody's and it's not bad... It's a fast food chain that I will surely go back. They serve babi's la..punya sedap..

Okie anyways I have to go now, I'm a little sleepy. Have to work again tomorrow..Take care, God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics