Sunday, May 29, 2005

Nairobi KENYA

I just came back from Nairobi early this morning & I must say that the place is beautiful and so green and plus I saw a girrafe (is that how you spell it?!) & some Elephants running around in the wild during my journey from the airport to the hotel that I was staying at...I was so exited oh... so cantik...

Anyway, the crew that I had flown with were really nice and needless to say we all got along well and had dinner and beers & wine...we also went to the market (macam pasar filipin & pasar KK combined together) and i got these really beautiful wooden carvings for a very decent price...

Apparently I have brothers and sisters there coz each stall that we passed the vendors were like "yo sista! come & look at my shop for free"..they are very friendly but sometimes it can get scary when everybody pulls you to their stalls..I had fun bargaining but was aslo terrified coz if I minta lebih nanti kana tampar ka..manalatau...hmmm it was a good experience though...

In our briefing sheets we were advised not to wear any flashy jewellery or clothes or even flashy shoes cos it would give opportunity for people to mug you...

but I was told that if i wanted a good bargain on anything that I wanted to buy i could just trade absolutely anything, like for example if i had a pair of sneakers that I didnt want anymore, I could use it to the market and trade it for wood carvings or banana leaf paintings or even get a better price with any purchase... i think its a good way to deal with unwanted things i mean instead of throwing it away, it could be of use for the people who cant afford it...interesting huh...

So today and tommorow Ill be off and Ill be going to Frankfurt, Germany on the 31st...
Which coincidently happens to be one of the 2 days celebration of the Harvest Festivals that the indegenious tribes of Sabah (East Malaysia) drink up to...syiok oh KK..I really miss KK and the food...I do have a huge tub of BAMBANGAN (a pickled appetizer) stored in my refridgerator..others have Ice cream or yorgurt...me...BAMBANGAN...

I will surely miss this years celebration and wonder who will be the next crowned Unduk Ngadau...(if you dont know what it means please visit http://osso79.blogspot.com)

Ok enough talking for today...Im going to have lunch and attempt to wear my new gym clothes and shoes (which BTW I bought last year) and maybe attempt to walk to the gym this time....hmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics