Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Calcutta Trip

Only my husband knows how much I wept when I came back to Dubai.
The condition in Kolkata was so overwhelming I couldn't bring myself to forget about what I saw.
Mother Teresa has done such a wonderful job in caring for the people.
I had the opportunity to visit her homes and her tomb.
It is still there and I really admire the people whom come from all over the world to volunteer to help in her homes. I met a volunteer who was there for 3 months, just helping around, like cooking, washing the clothes, distrubuting medication, and just talking to the patients.
I know that sometimes people pine and whine about their so called sad lives
but visiting places like that really puts everything into perspective.
If you think you've got it that bad, think again.
Spend a day in Calcutta and then tell me the severity of your problem.
Ok maybe not even a day, 2 hours.
These people who live on a day to day basis living next to dumpsters with no roof on their heads
still being able to smile at eachother, I don't know how they do it.
You will never imagine how sad it was.
There are thousands of people who need help.
And you know the funny thing is when I went to Mother Teresa's home,
They didn't want any monetary donations
All they wanted were prayers.
I am still shocked.
The vision of their lives is very taunting
and I did not have the heart to take any pictures of the situation there
(although I did take a few pictures of the homes)
It's the only way they know how to live.
It makes you wonder what are the people who can make a difference doing?
I will post some of the pictures that I managed to take soon.
For now, I am so grateful that I have a husband who understands me and loves me unconditionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics