Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Heat Is On!

Yesterday while we were landing back into Dubai, the Captain announced that the ground temperature was 42 degrees. I was thinkin I must've misheard. So I continued to do my work and totally forgot about the announcement. After my work was done I continued to pack my bags and was relieved to be heading home. As I was walking down the staircase to get to the crew bus, Oh-my-gosh! It felt like a million needles piercing my face...yeauzzaah.. It was the first day of summer...it was really hot. Last year the highest temperature recorded was 49 degrees...so I really don't wanna be ere for summer la.. The only problem that I could face is that a lot of middle eastern people leave the country to go to Malaysia for a holiday and that means that the chances of me getting on the plane is pretty slim...hmmm...what to do lah. That means I have to buy heaps of tickets as plan B...in case I can't get on the plane.


You must try this in Dubai...this is the tallest slide that I have ever ever gone on and I think I was the only monkey who screamed so loud!!! This is a slide in a water park in Dubai called Wild Wadi and the one interesting thing about this park is that they have a special womans day...If I am not mistaken it's every Thursday. Womans day meaning only women staff on duty and a only lady customers...how about that?
Of course this is the beautifu, beautiful Burj Al Arab which is the worlds 7 star hotel and all the butlers have to graduate from a butlers school in London. There is an entrance fee to get into this hotel and I really want to go and have a cup of tea there.
Now, I only said 'a cup' coz apparently a cup of tea could cost as high as RM50-60.
You even have to make a reservation to have tea there and I hear the wait list is quite a long one...

Ah...this is a beautiful view of the beach and I remember the bus tour driver mentioning that it's connected to the Persian Sea. Look at the camel...poor thing, lucky for him, this picture was taken in winter time (14-20 degrees) so at least he's relaxing while he's working...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yer..i did learn that about the Burj Al Arab Hotel, beautiful and nice landscape plus super mahal tu kan..hehe..bah hopefully i can go there this year trus pi check it out my self..hehe.

4/27/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Neat pictures! I particularly like the one of the water slide. It's a different architecture than one would find here.

5/01/2006 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics