Sunday, July 24, 2005

Makati City - Manila

PART II

Hie...sorry I took so long to update my blog...I slept in front of the TV in my hall...I was actually waiting till 4am (8am in Malaysia) for Joyce to log on then I remembered that it's Sunday & she doesnt go to work on Sundays & she went to class...so I tertidur till 11am then went out to jalan-jalan...

So more about Manila...yes Mia! it is a good place to shop for almost everything. My New Zealand friend Chris bought CSI season 5 for only RM30...RM THIRTY..talk about cheap ah..and the copy is goot.8 DVD's.cool kan...

I didnt buy anything cos I'm planning to go there again...I did have a wonderful pork dish & nasi goreng & this lovely beef dish that had a touch of Garlic/Calamansi flavour in it..hmmm just thinkin about it makes me salivate!

The food in Manila is very sweet (but tasty) not spicy at all but trust me you would really enjoy it. Plus I never thought I'd say this but punya main banyak urang handsome sana! (Sorry Darling..I tinguk only no touch) plus generally all of the people there are absolutely polite. (Thats important in my world...hehehehe)

The traffic jam bulih tahan jugala macam KL awal pagi & around 7pm. Phillipines is the only Christian Country in Asia and they have loads of bumper stickers that shout praises to God...like Jesus Loves You etc. I liked the whole environment & I am very sure that anyone who goes there would like it too.

Its easy there, you wont ever get lost coz they speak English. So if you get lost amidst the crowd just ask for directions and you will find your way. As opposed to say, if you got lost in Germany - well not bad at all,the people there will stop & try to help you & are friendly...friendlier than if you'd ever end up in Paris.

I remember when I went there (Where I met Judy@Didi - Joyce's sister in the train..small world kan...) I had to stop & ask maybe more than 13 people and before even askin my question they would put their hands up to stop me from talkin and say I NO SPEAK ENGLISH and walk away. Jahat kan...I suppose different cultures different ways of life...

Oh where was I? Okay bottom line is I recommend a visit to Manila to anyone. Beautiful country & people. I will make it a point to go there again.

Tommoro I'll post the pics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics