Monday, November 28, 2005

Dusseldorf, Germany


Herro...I'm Back From My Short Trip To Beautiful Dusseldorf...
I must must tell you about my trip. I had the most amazing time ever! It was snowing!!! The temperature was minus 2 degrees but me & my friend Emilie (from Singapore) still went out to the little city next to the infamous Rhein River. We both didnt know that we were goin for the flight but before I left my house, I checked the crew rostered for the flight and was so exited to see her name I texted her to bring her winter clothes so that we could go out.
The first thing we did when we arrived was got dressed borrowed an umbrella and bravely ventured out while most of the crew went to bed. I hadnt brought my winter boots because I just assumed that it would be just a little bit cold. So LUCKY for me I brought extra socks and had to wear them with my flats. At the beggining I didnt feel cold, but as soon as I stepped out, I couldnt feel my right foot! ( I was so afraid I'd get frostbite...hehehe) anyway, so Emilie who had her trainers on got them wet and soon also couldnt feel her feet. We both still walked for a bit trying to push ourselves and LUCKILY we found a really nice cheap shop that we accidently stumbled upon and we both bought a pair of boots each (15 Euros) so murah. Since it was Christmas, almost everything was on sale...so we got out booties and got into them as soon as we stepped out of the shop, I gotta tell ya, they were really comfy and they looked cute too. The ends of the shoe laces had little fuzzy balls. Once I get my camera back from VJ, I'll take some pictures of them to show to you.
Ok Ok back to my trip. While we were waiting for the tram, the snow was still blowing into our faces and while trying to keep our faces dry we noticed the shape of the snowflakes. It is exactly the way it looks in Christmas cards and all the decorations! Each and every snowflake is UNIQUE and so beautiful Emilie & I still couldnt get over the fact that the snowflakes were amazingly beautiful! I've seen snow before, but I never realised their uniqueness till recently! I really love the way the snow falls and how they look on trees and it was then that I realised that I was so grateful to be where I was. (Thats The Emotional Hormones Talking!)
We had a really good time walking about and also had the best German 9-inch Sausage ever. It was one massive Sausage but it was really really worth it! The Sausage came with a little piece of bread and there was mustard and ketchup on the side if you wanted it. Besides that we had a very hot crepe filled with nutella accompanied with a crispy wafer. You know what, it was so cold that day the food tasted even better...
About the city:
Imagine this, a whole street filled with mini stalls selling Chrismas ornaments, Cookies, Gifts, etc...It was like a carnival there were about four or five areas that we stumbled upon that had these stalls set up and the best part is that it REALLY felt like Christmas!!! One of the stalls that caught my eye was the stall selling hot coffee, hot chocolate & eggnog! Real eggnog! The stalls had their own signature cups: snowmen,santa's boots and while I can only regret not trying the eggnog, I really enjoyed being apart of the "crowd" hehe
There was also a live band singing Christmas songs and everyone gathered around them while enjoying everyones company. There was an Ice Skating area & a giant Christmas tree right smack in the middle of the city and I really felt like I was in a movie. Sure I was far away from home, and sure I didnt have my sweetheart with me, but I had Emilie and its always a good time when you have good company.
Whenever I saw a couple kissing or hugging I'd secretly say to myself 'man if only VJ was ere...' but being in denial & Jealous, I said "My Gosh, Get A Room!!" haha.
So, to sum it all up I really had a great time and Oh I also received a compliment letter from a passenger (woohoo)
I'll post the pictures when Emilie emails me them to me. So till then, Happy Christmas Every ONE!

2 Comments:

Blogger rol said...

eeeeeEEEEEEeeeee.....!!!!!!!!!! i jeles dis! i also wan to go wit u to germany...best o!
*deck the halls...*

11/29/2005 3:53 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

hehe...i want to go back there and go makan the sausage again oh...sadap...

11/29/2005 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics