Friday, August 05, 2005

Cant Post Pictures!

Hi all hope everyone had a good week.

Early this morning I just arrived from Manila (again) and this time I went shopping...things were cheap there but I en ded up buying books. One of them was a World Fact Book-so at least I know the history of the country that I am visiting and not appear to be "jakuns" anyway in this book it also has the flags of the world and it is very interesting..

Besides that I bought cook books, and a few more others. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.

During my flight briefing I met up with a really old friend of mine Hanna. I met her 3 years ago and at that time she was this crazy Malay girl who watched Meteor Garden (and dammit she made me want to watch the whole series...) it was good to see her again.

The flight from Dubai to Manila was not as quiet as the other time oh... but I did make some more new friends and I'm dying to post their pictures only something is wrong with the server...Well, they are Sylvia Chinnarani (from India) & Aida-Cherry Villanueva (from the Phillipines & Galina Ivanova (from Russia) really nice & funny girls..hmm I mara a little coz I also wanted you all to see how hazy it was in the morning... on the 3rd of August it was so foggy that most of the flights either got cancelled or delayed and I was a little nervous coz it was quite bad and even on the roads you couldnt really see...

I never talk about passengers or complain about them because at the end of the day they are my source of income (good reason kan?) but this morning I was yelled by an economy class passenger at and treated like a real "coolie" by two bussiness class passengers.Really uncalled for because I was extremely polite to them to start with. So help me God..Sorry but I do have my moments...

First story: Business Class Pax

LD: Good Evening Madam, Welcome aboard
Biatch 1: Could you help me lift up my bag I have a back problem!
LD: Certainly Madam. I know what you mean at times my back hurts too would you mind helping me please..?
Biatch 2: Ok I'll do it
Biatch 1: No dont help her...

(Lynn just smiled,preparing herself to carry the heavy bag... one two...hey! wait a minute the bag is so light it felt 1 Kilo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

LD: Ok Ok stay calm, its ok, be positive...(me talking to myself)
Madam I placed your bag in the coat closed right behind you...

Biatches: -Silent-
LD: (Cilaka you all) Thank you Lynn, Your Welcome I said to myself.

During Decent into Dubai...

Preparing the cabin for Landing:

LD: Excuse me madam would you please fasten your self belt, we will be landing shortly
Biatch 2: YA I KNOW!

by this time B1 & B2 were digging in there bags to tapau all the toiletries/amenities and guess what? they leave everything on the floor and since it was my area I had to put their bags in the overhead compartments for them....punya la main maradang me...I sengaja slam kuat-kuat then sat down, boiling inside and I said Thank you Lynn loudly... no response...ishk

Ok ok so finally we land, then upon disembarkation...

2nd Story: Mother with two babies (her mother was carrying one, she was carrying one)

LD: Thank you madam, have a good night...
Kambing: WHERES MY BABY STROLLER I ALWAYS GET MY BABY STROLLER WHEN I GET OUT OF THE PLANE I TOLD THE GROUND STAFF ALREADY DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR I HAVE TO WALK...Notice no punctuation used & this was said in a very loud tone everyone looked at me. Macam its my fault.

LD: Ok madam please let me check for you
Ground Staff: Hi madam your baby stroller is waiting at the end of the escalator (which BTW was 10 metres away)
Kambing: NO I AM NOT GOING TO WALK THAT FAR I WANT MY BABY STROLLER HERE I ALWAYS GET MY BABY STROLLER AT THE AEROBRIDGE DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I TRAVEL A YEAR I TRAVEL TWICE A YEAR AND CANT YOU SEE I'M CARRYING A BABY (and the rest I blocked out...I saw her lips move heard the loud noise and all I could think of was man - say it, dont spray it...!)
Ground Staff: I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience madam I'll take it for you, but please wait a while because I have to send this wheel chair passenger to the immigration check point.
Kambing: I DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR REASONS I WANT MY BABY STROLLER NOW
LD: Madam I do understand your situation, but the thing is I need your help, I need you to take a moment and calm down, we are trying to get some help. Please thank you
Kambing: Still shouting and screaming about her damn BABY STROLLER

So I called my supervisor told him..he went there she screamed at him & he came back and asked me "how ah?" I said :how ah?! I ask you? You ask me...

well finally another ground staff had to walk and carry her BABY STROLLER to the aero-bridge

She didnt even say thank you...haiya susah kan my job? kana mara, kana maki, mana treat like kuli...

The moral of the story:
I've met so many people in my life that I've learnt to just let go and forgive I mara also no use kan.. but I do feel better after blogging it...

Thank you for your time I'm off to read my books




8 Comments:

Blogger thewonghome said...

Hi Lynn,

the best thing abt blogging is u get it off ur chest when u post it! ;-)

keep up d good work dear, these guys are just 2-3 out of the hundreds that you've served very well!

and 'well done' for learning to let go and forgive.

bless u,
Didi

8/06/2005 4:53 PM  
Blogger driftingnomad said...

Thats the beauty of blogs we can bitch as much as we want without anyone judging us. Somehow I think it brings us all together ... even though we dont see each other and so far apart. :) Service line memang ada irrating customers/clients and in your case passengers!..at least you will be equipped with one skill: patience. Chill girl.

8/07/2005 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in my job, if my clients (students la) are rude to me, my gosh, their ass going to burn from the imprint of my foot for a week, man!!!

do stewardesses get fired for swearing at passengers? can you stop being such a twat??! honest to gawd, is your husband sleeping around or something? you don't have to take it out on me, man!

sometimes i lose my patience with bad service, like when that time the waitress said, YA I KNOW THAT when we asked her to wipe the table. my gawd, i wanted to tarik her rambut!

sometimes i can't bitch because i've changed my mind about having some people reading my blog, but there's no way to tell them: so ketara kan if I say: erm, would you mind not reading my blog anymore?

ok, sorry long comment. bored bah. visit my blog banyak kali ah!

-yo-

8/07/2005 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn - jual balik all yr books and your hiFi system, kasi gadai yr amas.. then pegi beli the airlines and maki yr passengers all you want. spray them back.

if like that cannot, then just continue blogging hehe :D

8/07/2005 8:58 PM  
Blogger Fridaycat said...

hui, stress man i baca your story. Strangely, I always make it a point to be polite and friendly to the cabin crew when i'm travelling but it's just my luck i get the maggots of the crop. Macam taik oh some of them. Bagus kalau lawa.

haha, ok my bitching session for the day too. In the meantime, hang in there Lynn. Patience is a virtue (but bitch-slapping a rude passenger is satisfaction, haha).

8/08/2005 8:08 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

didi: Thank you..I know what you mean.

Mia: thanks Mia. Somehow it helps me juga to know that other people also get annoyed...ishk :-)

P.Yo: I wish I could but Yes I'd loose my job if I maki them...but i've done it a million times in my head...(dumbass, jackass, biatch, silaka...)hmmm at least you can get your students to be respectful kan..(do you really kick their asses ka..? ;-) good for you!

Jeff: haha. my books & JVC system arent worth anything so I think I'll just continue blogging...

Mel: stress oh kan.Thank you for bein polite..hehehe..I gotta say it really does make a difference - especially if the plane is a boeing 777...to walk to the galley just to take water kan at least from the makmal science up on the hill turun pigi canteen twice..plus all the extra orders from other pax...hmmm.jauh kan.hehe love blogging...thanks u guys

8/08/2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

makmal sains...hehe...

why ah every time mau limpas makmal sains...ada bau pandan saja...?

8/08/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

coz there were pandans planted there ma...

8/09/2005 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Everything Lyrics